My latest crazy idea is to write an e-book. Here are the reasons it's crazy-
1) I don't even update my blog.
2) I've gotten super sloppy about grammar, etc. over the years
3) I'm highly distractable....squirrel (whips head to the left)
4) This idea isn't original, 5 zillion other people are whipping out there lap tops as we speak, staring at the empty page. But then, they move ahead of me just by typing a couple of words.
Here are the reasons it's not crazy
1) I'm middle-aged, my eggs are constantly group parachuting out of my ovaries in one last desperate gasp before they dry up entirely, so I think about sex almost as much as someone with testicles. I'm thinking a grown-up story with sex might be relevant because-
2) 50 Shades of Gray is more popular than a viral video starring kittens, Rick Astley and a Call Me Maybe parody.
3) My favortie review of 50 Shades of Gray from Amazon "I'd rather read the iTunes user agreement, it's better written." Dude, I can do that.
4) It's at least as likely as winning the lottery which is my current plan B.
I even asked my boss if I could rearrange my work week to have an afternoon off to write said novel. You know, an afternoon a week is totally enough. Sigh.
I used to actually write fiction and have thought of resurrecting a couple of my favorite short stories and seeing what I could do with the characters. One was a serial killer, the other was a mother of a teenager . She committed suicide in the story. So, you know - sex, sex, sex all over those happy little stories.