So I'm breaking all sorts of rules with this post-
1) Drunk blogging. Okay, buzzed blogging. I had 3 (maybe 4) glasses of wine this afternoon at Rory's grad party. I shouldn't drive or type, but I am. The latter, I mean.
2)Talking about my children's love life (see #1). The girls have both had steady boyfriends in the last few months. It's awesome. It's weird. It's unchartered territory. They're adults, but it's hard to not be their mom and steer them this way or that. Or rather, not steer them. They're adults. I'm lucky they tell me so much. I try to bite my tongue and offer a shoulder instead.
3) I'm currently letting my 14 year-old watch an R rated movie (Little Miss Sunshine). It's awesome. So is she.
4) I'm talking about weight in numbers. I've lost 27 pounds, in slightly more than three months. I feel great and wish someone had told me about this when I was 20. Or 16. I don't care about the stupid sugar laden items I choose not to eat. I want to write a longer post about this. But, I'm drunk (see #1). Soon, soon. I love feeling in control of my food and not having cravings.
5) I'm super proud that a f#!k-up like me has raised two great kids who are in college (!) and looking like they'll graduate in less than a decade. Two down, two to go.
6) Mal is going to see Noelle next week, because she has moved to less than 4 hours away from us. Mal can take a day and go see her sisters and Noelle. It's so wonderful. She's also been meeting her first dad for breakfast every few weeks. This is a year of reunion for her. I've said this is now her story to tell, but every once in awhile I want to say "wow"! She's a great kid (woman).
Tell me about what the hell rules you are breaking...